… Old age is not a defeat but a victory, not a punishment but a privilege … we all have the responsibility to remain active in retirement, to keep ourselves well informed, to cooperate with responsible public and private agencies concerned with programs and activities that will make our nation strong … and … benefit … all Americans.
The Impact and Benefits of Serving
- Help Your Community – Know that you are giving your time, talent, wisdon and experience to your community and neighbors who need you.
- Help Yourself – Through service, you can add to the quality and health of your life. Research indicates that volunteers enjoy better health, make new friendships, stay active and involved in the community, and learn new skills.
- Make A Difference – Be part of a national movement to transform America through the involvement of its citizens.
- Save Money for the Organizations You Serve – By donating your time and skills, you help make funds go farther for ogranizations that address critical needs in your community.
- Contributed over 74,000 hours of service to Paducah area schools and non- profit organizations
- Collected and distributed food to local food pantries to help feed the needy.
- Joined in our recycling efforts by collecting ink cartridges from area businesses.
- Contributed books to the Paducah Day Nursery along with joining our “Reading to Children” program. Volunteers spend 30 minutes to an hour each week visiting the Day Nursery and read to the children.
- Partnered with 4-H to help with the “Backpack Program”, providing single serving food items to area elementary school children who are in need, to help insure that they are fed over the weekend if the parents are unable or unavailable.
- Worked with various special events, i.e. Zack’s Hope and Muscular Dystrophy.
- Provided efforts to help over 40 RSVP volunteer stations.
- Complete an one-time “RSVP Volunteer Interest Form” and the “RSVP Enrollment Form” to register you as a member of the RSVP program. The application will request information for the volunteer supplemental insurance coverage and your desire to receive reimbursement of travel and meals.
- “RSVP Volunteer Handbook” for more information.
- Are covered by free Volunteer Supplemental Accident and Liability Insurance protection.
- Want to make a difference in their communities.
- Are at least 55 years of age and serve in Paducah/McCracken County.
- Receive Placement Services – members can choose from a wide range of volunteer opportunities in many different agencies, hospitals and schools.
- Gain membership in a national organization that supports volunteerism.
- May attend the annual Volunteer Recognition Banquet.
- Receive the quarterly RSVP newsletter.